The white belt is slipping, disrupting the quality of the stitched patterns.
ensure that the grooves in the pulley are free of any debris or dirt. An example of a dirty pulley is pictured below. The black dirt in the grooves of the pulley can be removed.
Ensure Motor Box back lever is fully compressed
Check belts and make sure that the lever on the box is engaged and the belts are aligned with the pulleys properly with adequate tension.
To compress the motor box levers
- Disengage the top lever and press it as far to the opposite side of the slot (away from the locking position) on the top of the motor box. The pulley arm (the one that engages the belt on the side of the motor box) should now be as low as it can go.
- Using one hand, lift the pulley arm (on the side of the motor box) up about a 1/4 inch or so. This will also move the top lever back slightly.
- Holding the pulley arm in place, again press the top lever as far to the opposite side of the slot (away from the locking position) on the top of the motor box. This can be difficult, and the levers will offer strong resistance. Apply liberal force. Once the top lever has been pressed against the edge of the slot while holding the pulley arm in place, the compression should be complete. There is no need to continue holding the pulley arm in place.
- At this point, move the top lever as far the the locking side of the slot on the top of the motor box. An easy way to tell if you have compressed the levers enough is by listening for the click. If you hear a click and the lever locks into place, repeat the steps above to further compress the levers.
- If you do not hear a click, than the lever has been sufficiently compressed. With the large top lever as far into locking position as possible, adjust the smaller top lever by pressing it as far into the locking position as possible. Once you hear a loud click, you should see the locking mechanism in the top of the slot. Also, the gap below the pulley arm pulley should be gone.
Reset the values for the motor settings to factory defaults. Go to Home > Setup > Advanced > Factory Defaults
The motor box may need to come in for an evaluation. Contact your local dealer or Quilt-EZ for assistance.